- A change of scenery.
- Break of regular routines.
- Sleep in a different bed.
- Opportunity to make new friends.
- Give you an opportunity to eat in new places and try new food.
- Explore new shops and retail establishments.
- Provides a for legitimate excuse for procrastination work you should have been doing at home.
- Recharges you batteries — gives you a whole new appreciation what you have and reminds you of your blessings.
- It lets you admire God’s handiwork from a different perspective.
- Ride the bicycle on new and different paths.
“Get the Mirror Out.” That is what I say to myself when I observe others doing something that I do not approve, is wrong or just socially unacceptable.
This is a practice I try to do for myself to make sure that I am not doing the very same thing- of which I often am.
Mirrors are good because they return to us an exact image of what we are saying, doing and or being.
In my office, I keep a mirror (this is the one I use) by the side of my computer. I am constantly reviewing that mirror when I am writing emails and talking over the phone and making sure that I am returning an attitude that presents me well. Every time I look in the mirror, I make sure that I am smiling even when times it is hard.
When is the last time you looked at the mirror for a return of your actions? Is the mirror returning positive actions and reactions?
This post was inspired by fellow Toastmasters and bloggers Michelle Green and Becky Durham. I am going to participate in #RethinkChurch #PhotoADay #Lent project for the next 40 days. Today’s word is “return”.
Here are 10 things the IRS wants you to know about these programs.
1. The IRS sponsors both the VITA and TCE programs and works with community organizations to train and certify volunteers.
2. The VITA program offers free tax help and return preparation to people who generally earn less than $51,000.
3. The TCE program offers free tax help and tax return preparation with priority assistance given to people who are age 60 or older. The AARP Tax-Aide program is part of TCE and helps low to moderate income taxpayers. The IRS certifies this group of volunteers to specialize in retirement issues unique to seniors.
4. The VITA and TCE programs provide free electronic filing. An e-filed tax return means an accurate return. E-file combined with direct deposit is the fastest way to get your refund.
5. Using VITA and TCE can help ensure you get all the tax credits and deductions you may qualify to claim. For example, credits could include the Earned Income Tax Credit, the Child Tax Credit and the Credit for the Elderly.
6. The IRS continues to expand partnerships with nonprofit and community organizations to offer these vital services. Thousands of free tax preparation sites around the nation are opening in late January and early February.
7. Some sites have bilingual volunteers to assist people who speak limited English.
8. The IRS partners with the military to provide free tax assistance to military members and their families. Volunteers receive training on tax issues related to the military. These include special rules and tax benefits for those serving in combat zones.
9. This year at select sites, you have an option to prepare your own simple federal and state tax return. This option allows you to use web-based tax preparation software for free. This service can help people who need a little help or don’t have computer access prepare their own tax return. Volunteers at these sites guide taxpayers to help them prepare and file their own simple tax returns.
10. Local VITA site information is also available at IRS.gov. Search the word “VITA” and then click on Free Tax Return Preparation for You by Volunteers. Site information is also available by calling the IRS at 800-906-9887. To locate the nearest AARP Tax-Aide site, visit aarp.org, or call 888-227-7669.
It seems like of late if you ask me about stuff or things I will tell you this.
That I presently believe in these three things:
1. If I can’t ride it as in BICYCLE I really don’t need it.
2. If I can’t eat it as in FOOD, I really don’t need it.
3. If I can’t scan or digitize it in some shape or fashion, I really don’t need it.
It seems like we American people are being controlled by our stuff and processions.
What things/stuff in your life could you par down or do without?
For some reason this FB App has stopped working for all blogs I manage.
Anyone have any reason why?
I have watched many interviews with Dolly Parton from various people.
This set of interviews is probably some of the best I have seen lately.
Dr. Steve Salvatore a board-certified Emergency Medicine Physician that has served as the health expert on PIX11 Morning News since 2005.
Dr Steve interviewed Dolly and talked about many stories I have never heard about Dolly. Like the story of their family pet rooster Henny Penny and that she has a scar on her leg. She told the story of having only one nipple in the house. Urine being used to cure an ear ailement and many more. Well worth the minutes to view these videos.
The last part of the third video Dolly shows off. She tells Dr. Steve how hot she thinks he is. Dolly at 66 years old is never at a loss of words.
The American Queen will return to Henderson KY again on Saturday, May 12, 2012 from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. Since this is a Saturday this would be a great opportunity to come downtown Henderson KY.
The Downtown Businesses that are normally closed on Monday (Memories Past & Present, The Gold Mine and The Tea Cafe & Gift Shop) will be open and of course our businesses that are always open on Mondays will be open to welcome our guest. See a list of downtown Henderson KY stores and restaurants.
So make plans to come down to the riverfront and view the beautiful riverboat, and make your way into our stores and restaurants! Enjoy the day in Downtown Henderson.
For a list of all the shops and places to eat in downtown Henderson KY, see the Downtown Henderson Project’s new brochure.